Sunday, July 14, 2013

ELLE Nail Polish "Blush Stroke"

ELLE "Blush Stroke" nail lacquer is a beautiful baby pink porcelain shade. What I admire most about this nail color is that it is a porcelain nude shade, but balanced out with baby pink. Often porcelain nude nail colors have beige, brown, taupe, or off-white undertones, which makes your hands appear like mannequin hands. The baby pink adds a flirty and dainty touch to this otherwise professional subtle shade. Being a Southeast Asian, I find this nude very flattering for my beige-olive skin tone. 


I purchased this nail polish from Kohl's. ELLE polishes retail for $10.00. Fortunately, Kohl's mails coupons every now and then, so I purchased this polish for about $7.00 after a 30% discount. The makeup artist for ELLE told me that ELLE is owned by Estee Lauder. ELLE is meant to be the affordable cosmetics line, targeting the middle-class consumers. 


Although a light creamy pinky nude, the formula of this polish is quite nice. It is not so thin that I need to apply five or more layers for full opacity. It is not so thick that the second coat drags on the first coat creating pockets and streaks. The first coat was a little streaky, but it was effortless to apply a second and third coat, at which point the polish looked even and uniform across the nails. I always apply Essie's Good to Go Top Coat, which enables my polishes to dry within one or two minutes at most. This polish as with all, if not most, of polishes starts to chip here and there by the fourth day of wear. I do not like to keep polish on my nails longer than that time frame. I also like to give my nails some days off to be naked and breathe. 


Have a happy happy happy day! 

Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @

Your friendly comments and feedback are much appreciated. 
Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for nude polishes, I always think they make the best mani's!!

    This is a gorgeous shade on you :o)

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love this colour looks great with you skin tone
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous packaging. And that colour suits you perfectly; one of your best!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!