Thursday, May 8, 2014

LORAC Alter Ego Lipsticks: Seductress, CEO, Duchess, Jet Setter and Secret Agent


Seductress, CEO, Duchess, and Jet Setter (left to right - top to bottom) 

Seductress, CEO, Duchess, Jet Setter, and Secret Agent (top to bottom) 

Seductress - is a unique shade in my opinion. It photographs brighter than how it appears in person. I would describe it as a bright rose. 

CEO - is a deep true mauve shade with taupe-brown undertones. This shade could be a "my lips but better" shade for some people and for others, who have an deep olive beige skin tone, this could be an ideal nude. 

Duchess - is a pink-nude. 

Jet Setter - is my favorite of the bunch.  It is a vibrant, neon purple with magenta, blue, and red undertones.  Usually purple based shades can pull out the yellow tone in your teeth, even if your teeth are a normal, healthy white, but with this shade you do not have to worry about the "yellow-teeth" issue. 

Secret Agent - is a dark milk chocolate shade. It looks like melted chocolate on my lips, but dry. Yes! We will discuss the dryness shortly. 

I was anticipating the arrival of these Alter Ego lipsticks even since LORAC began posting teasers on Instagram. The lipstick shades look delicious! 

Sadly, my affinity to these Alter Ego lipsticks end at the shade selection. These lipstick apply smoothly and feel lightweight and creamy on the lips. However, the texture and formula of these lipsticks is awkward. Awkward, you ask? Can I say awful? Yes, the texture of these lipsticks is like a velvet mousse. This lipstick withers away and begins to look patchy if your lips get wet. Do not be fooled by the smooth and creamy feel of these lipsticks because once you take a look at your lips in the mirror, you get a reality check. The formula is actually very matte and drying.  I feel the need to apply a gloss or lip balm with these lipsticks, which simply steals the appeal of the actual true colors of the lipsticks.  Seductress, CEO, and Jet Setter appear less dry than Duchess and Secret Agent. Jet Setter looks the best as you can realize from the pictures above. The only two shades I would personally recommend from this collection are Jet Setter and Seductress.  Although these lipsticks have an affordable price tag - $16 each, I really do not believe that these are a must-have.  I returned Duchess and Secret Agent immediately after taking pictures for this review.  I would have returned CEO as well because there is nothing special about the shade, but I kept it because my aunt may like the color. 

LORAC is one of my favorite brands, so I definitely recommend trying other products from this brand. I have enjoyed the LORAC Unzipped palette, LORAC pro-stain blush in Rosy Glow, and LORAC Breakthrough Performance Lipstick with SPF 15 in Leading Lady. Unfortunately, these lipsticks were not a hit for me, but I am glad that through this experience I found a flattering neon purple shade (Jet Setter). 

I purchased my first two shades at ULTA, using a 20% off (special non-exclusions / can be used on prestige brands). I purchased the remaining three at Kohl's, using Kohl's cash (Kohl's coupons cannot be used on prestige cosmetics, but you may use the Kohl's cash). 

I hope this post was informative and helpful. Your friendly comments are much appreciated.  Come back soon. Thanks!
Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts and stay in touch with me via... 

4 comments:

  1. I really love Seductress! Very pretty <3 You got so many great colors!

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those colors are so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for your review. So funny, I picked up 3 today while out shopping before I saw this! I got Duchess as one of mine!! :) Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought Exhibitionist and is a My lip But better for my skin. Let's how it wears ... There some sort of similarity with Maybelline Clay Crush.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!