Friday, July 25, 2014

DIOR ADDICT FLUID STICKS: Mirage, Kiss Me, Tiny Pink, Rieuse, Magique, Vertigo, Artifice, Aventure, Pandore, and Vie D'Enfer


Hey y'all! I am very excited to present to you my review of the new collections liquid lipsticks recently released by Dior.  The Dior Addict Fluid Sticks made their debut in store in late Spring / early Summer.  It has taken quite a bit of time and effort to collect these shades and put together this post.  

Colors: One of the shades, Rieuse, is not shown in the first two pictures because I exchanged it with Vie D' Enfer and did not have time to retake the pictures.  Vie D'Enfer is the only shade that I was not fascinated with, so I returned it.  Rieuse, Magique, and Vertigo are quite similar and these shades appear especially similar in the color-lip-swatch pictures above. Rieuse is a peachy-pink coral.  Magique is a light magenta (pinkish-red).  Vertigo is a deep mid-tone pink with mauve and plummy undertones. Vie D'Enfer is a deep apple red with a brown undertone (more appropriate for Autumn/Winter seasons).  Mirage is a peachy nude with a brown undertone. Artifice is a fierce, pure orange.  Aventure looks very different from Artifice; it is an orange-red coral.  Pandore is a bright red-orange shade; this shades looks brighter and more vivid on lighter skin-tones.  

Availability and Price: I purchased the Dior Addict Fluid Sticks ($35) over a span of a few months. I bought a few shades during Dillard's 10% off beauty event and others online through Macy's and Sephora's websites when Ebates was having their 15% cash-back anniversary sale event.  I plan to purchase two more shades called 219 Whisper Beige and 669 Rose Tricheuse in the future. I will add pictures of these shades to this post or create an additional post.  I am waiting for a sale / coupon (Sephora VIB Sale 15% / 20% off in Nov./Dec. or Nordstrom / Dillard's cardholder rewards) because this lip product is much too expensive otherwise.  Dior Addict Fluid Sticks are available everywhere (Sephora, Dillard's, Nordstrom, Macy's), but a few shades are available in certain stores only.  This lip product is quite a splurge, but worth it! 

Formula / Application: The formula of the Dior Addict Fluid Sticks is their best feature and selling point.  The Dior Fluid Sticks are marketed as a hybrid product – gloss, color, and stain.  Although I have tested a few other new comparable lip products, such as Revlon Moisture Stains and Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Lacquers, since my introduction to the Dior Fluid Sticks, I still find that the formula of the Dior Fluid Sticks is quite unique and innovative. When I first tried the Dior Fluid Sticks at my local Dillard’s Dior counter, I was definitely surprised by the formula.  This lip product goes through three stages after you apply it to your lips.  I observed that one side of the applicator functions like a scoop, which grabs just the right amount of product, so you do not have to keep putting the applicator back in and out of the tube.  The other side of the applicator spreads and sets the product on your lips, like a good butter knife spreading out peanut butter onto bread – spreading and melting the product at once.  Stage one: you feel like your applied a cooling, water-based liquid to your lips.  At this stage, some of shades appear very bright, almost neon-like. Stage two: you feel your lips warm up (not uncomfortably), like you had a cup of chicken noodle soup on a cold day, and then the liquid sticks / seals onto your lips.  This is not at all a tacky, sticky, or uncomfortable sensation.  You almost no longer realize that you have something on your lips, unless you press your lips together.  Also, as I mentioned above, the shades appears bright, some neon-like, when first applied, but as your lips warm up, the shades become deeper.  For example, Tiny Pink looks like a pastel baby pink when I first apply it and within seconds it transforms into a muted, floral, light pink.  Magique looks like a neon hot-pink-magenta shade, which transforms into a pinky-red. Although the glossiness has sobered down by this stage, your lips still have a subtle sheen and look plump, smooth, and youthful.  Stage three: by this stage, if you have consumed food or three to four hours have passed by, the gloss and color has faded, but your lips still look deeper than their natural pigmentation or tinted.  The longevity of this lip product decreases if food or beverage(s) are consumed. 

Staying Power: The staying power is not exceptional, but it is good for a lightweight, liquid lip product. All of these shades transfer. The lighter shades such as Mirage, Kiss Me, Tiny Pink, and Rieuse do not stain your lips, while the deeper shades such Magique, Vertigo, Artifice, Aventure, Pandore, and Vie D'Enfer have a staining effect and do not disappear off of the lips as quickly. Pandore and Vie D'Enfer stayed on the lips even after eating a full meal, but still required touching up. On average these shades remain on the lips for about three to fours hours and as I mentioned above the longevity decreases if you consume a solid meal. 

I hope this post was informative and helpful. Your friendly comments are much appreciated.  Come back soon. Please follow, like, share, connect, and subscribe. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Love all those colors, especially kiss me! I was curious about these last time I saw them in sephora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! What a beautiful collection you have here!! I have been eying Pandore for a while now, but I think so many of these look great in your swatches, it is a hard choice!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!