Thursday, June 20, 2013

OPI Nail Lacquers: You're Such a Buda-Pest and Koala Berry

Hello Ladies, Hello Gents! 
Today's guests of honor are OPI's You're Such a Budapest and OPI's Koala Berry. 
I must commend OPI for the most adorable names for its polishes. The names are catchy phrases, which makes it so easy to remember the shades by their names. 

Is it blue? Is it purple? What is it? It is a blue-purple! 
And the award for the best periwinkle nail color goes to... drumroll please... 
* OPI You're Such a Budapest *


I purchased OPI's You're Such a Budapest a couple of weeks ago. While browsing through my local ULTA, I noticed that OPI polishes were on sale (two for $15). I purchased six polishes, three for my friend and three for myself. I selected You're Such a Budapest, Lucky Lucky Lavender, and Koala Berry for my friend as well as for myself. I feel like OPI polishes are unconscionably overpriced. Two for $15 pre-tax and almost $18 with tax does not feel like a good deal, but I absolutely loved the colors I selected and found that they would be unique additions to my collection. 


Gaging from the fact that I am displaying twice as many pictures of You're Such a Budapest than Koala Berry, we all can tell that I am completely awed by this shade. I think it is a special, unique shade. There are so many periwinkle shades in the market, but none have caught my eye quite like this one has. My extreme liking for this shade could also be a result of the fact that this shade suits me so well in comparison to other periwinkle shades, which I felt made my hands appear dull. 


When you first apply You're Such a Budapest, the polish appears very sheer and you will notice subtle rainbow shimmer. However, by the second coat it will look opaque and creamy. The formula is not too thick and applies with ease. I have three coats on in the pictures, but it did not feel heavy or streaky or uneven to have three coats on. 


This shade changes with different lighting. Sometimes the blue tone dominates and the shade will look like a dusty robin's egg blue and other times the bluish lilac shade appears with the purple tone dominating.  


Lastly, I would like to add that this is my favorite must have blue nail color. In my previous post, I expressed that I have been unable to find a blue that I absolutely love and would reapply repeatedly. In fact, I liked this shade so much that I bought two jackets similar in color to this nail color during the Victoria Secret Semi-Annual sale. 


* Koala Berry *


I am not a big fan of fuchsia, magenta, or berry pinks, but I have a select few that I do enjoy wearing once in a while. Koala Berry is a fuchsia pink that looks amazing and bright on deeper skin tones. My friend has a deeper skin tone and this shade really suited her. 


The features that I appreciate the most about this polish is its formula and application. This polish is extremely pigmented and the ideal thickness. It appears opaque and evened out on the nail in a single coat. In the pictures, I am wearing two coats, not that it was needed. 


Just as a side note for U.S. residents, the Victoria Secret Semi Annual Sale for Summer 2013 is going on right now in stores and online. ULTA still has OPI on sale for two for $15. Happy shopping y'all! 

The End... 

p.s. IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO MY FOLLOWERS: PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN' OR FACEBOOK (SEE LINKS BELOW) BECAUSE GOOGLE WILL TERMINATE THE GOOGLE FRIENDS CONNECT FEATURE IN JULY. YOUR SUPPORT IS MY MAIN MOTIVATION FOR BLOGGING. THANK YOU. 

Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @

Your friendly comments and feedback are much appreciated. 
Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Thts such a unique blue shade! Love it..
    Do check out my international giveaway to win Sleek limited edition oalette and Ecotools brush set!
    xx
    TiTi's Corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it sure is! I'll definitely check out your giveaway, thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Hya gorgeous girl, haven't heard from you in a while.

    Gorgeous colours I just love the You're such a Budapest, it is mesmerising!

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jac! Nice to hear from you. I know I have not been in touch w y'all and blogging lately because I am off from school and working for the summer at a law firm. I thought I would be able to blog every day after work this summer, but by the time I get home, I am so tired! :) I have some cool things lined up to post about though so stay in touch! xxx

      Delete
  3. So glad you're back xx Hope the exams were easy, and congratulations on the job! Love You're Such a Budapest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both shades look amazing :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!