Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Benefit Cosmetics "Rockateur" Cheek Powder

Hey Y'all!!!

Packaging
I adore the packaging! A flip-lid, light-weight, colorful box. The package includes a mirror and a cute little fuzzy brush applicator. I think this brush applicator might even be useful. It feels very soft and not cheap. I plan to use it to buff out cheek products in case I over apply. Despite the inclusion of an applicator inside the box, I like that the box does not have a separate designated space for the brush applicator, which makes the packaging unnecessarily bulky. I like that the product is at a depth inside (within) the box rather than at surface with the lid, which might trap the blush / powder "dust" and maintain cleanliness. The packaging may look cheap to some people, like those who prefer sturdy plastic or metal containers. However, I find it to be as sturdy as any of my traditional blush compacts and conveniently lightweight. The design of the actual product is also stunning as you can see in the pictures below. I spent hours capturing a picture of the design because it is so "princess-like" that I did not want to spoil it. The design is still there even after I have freely swirled by brush in the product. 

Price 
I purchased this product from Sephora when I received the annual $20 off $50 VIB (members) coupon. Sephora sends this coupon every year at the beginning of December. VI members receive a $15 off $50 coupon. Sephora also send a 15% off for BI members and 20% off for VIB members in early November and April. These annual coupon promotions are subject to change on a yearly basis. A Sephora manager told that this year both BI and VIB members received a 20% off coupon. Originally, this blush costs $28. 

Color / Formula / Texture / Application 
There are many products we wear for fun and to feel glam. However, there are certain rare products that suit us so perfectly that one feels it was exclusively designed for her. It is not about feeling festive or glam, it just looks so natural, yet accentuates our natural features. As some of my readers already know, I don't stray much from my gel-liner and lip color. I don't really like face products at all. Foundations, powders, concealers, and bronzers is a big, chubby, no-no! I feel almost the same about eyeshadows, but do dip my toes in on a grand occasion (i.e, Birthdays). I do like wearing blush on special days, like an outing with my beau, grub with friends, or photo-shoot for this blog. 

I don't know why, but I cannot resist wearing this blush every single day since I opened it, which was about three or four days ago. This is the blush that makes me feel as if it was specially designed for my skin-tone and complexion. I usually look like a cartoon monkey, who is overly embarrassed, heated, flushed, or angry, when I wear blush. Obviously, because I like the pop of color, but don't know how to blend it well. Also, blushers look more stark on me as I don't apply any base face products. 

This product is quite an exception. It looks so natural on me. Do not worry about the gorgeous, intense shimmer you see in the package because once you apply this cheek powder, the shimmer is not visible. It provides the ideal amount of subtle sheen / glow. Perhaps, highlighter lovers can skip that step with the photo-ready glow this product provides.  I had my reservations about this blush. Initially, I was not going to join the hype-club and buy this, but when I tried it in Sephora, I was convinced within minutes that it was a must-have. 

The pictures below will provide an idea of the color. I would describe it as a rosy peachy pink with golden-copper undertones.

It does not feel harsh or irritating on my skin. I am one whose face breaks out over night. I did not experience any acne break-outs.  It blends very well! The way this blush blends is quite unique to my other blushes. The finish of this product allows it to merge with my natural skin as if it were a creme-product, but without the sticky-icky hassle.

I do feel that you need more than a light dab of your brush with this blush, but that is not a negative characteristic in my opinion because it gives more control on the application. I liberally swirled my brush and applied it twice to obtain color pay-off. Again, I emphasize that do not let that sway you away from giving this blush a try. I am so glad I bought it. I definitely recommend trying it. I would rather have a blush color I can build the intensity of rather than tone it down and irritate my face by over-buffing. 

Longevity 
Today, I wore this blush around two in the afternoon. It is 9:25 p.m. right now. The blush color and sheen is still visible. Of course it does not look as fresh as it did in the afternoon, but a hint of it is still noticeable even in the dim lighting of my room. 





(no blush)

(blush on) 

I am also wearing Bobbi Brown Gel Liner (both pictures) and Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara (2nd picture only); no lip color. Also, please excuse the vicious two-headed monster on my cheek that has taken home there since October and pray that it leaves me be. 

Happy Holidays!!! Merry Christmas-Eve and Christmas!!! I hope y'all have a splendid, festive, eventful, joyous, and blessed two-days with your family, friends, and all loved ones. No matter what our beliefs or age may be, I hope that Santa Claus / Saint Nicholas fulfills the wishes in our hearts and we all spread the care. God bless. 

Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @

Your friendly comments are much appreciated. 
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite blushes! I feel like it would look amazing on every skin tone! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your holiday was fab like you love! Such a pretty blush!! Looks amazing like you and as always, super helpful review...now to add this to my ever growing list!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!