Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sonia Kashuk Holiday Limited Edition 2013 "Red Lip Matte"

Hey Y'all!!! 

Looking for a matte red lip color for the Holidays? 

I want to begin this post by professing my love for Target. My study breaks sometimes involve spontaneous and unnecessary visits to Target. I think I intentionally only buy a few items during one trip, so I have a reason to make another trip. During one of these random escapades, I picked up a new lipstick. Sonia Kashuk's "Red Lip Matte" is part of the brands Holiday Limited Edition Collection. 

Packaging 
At first sight, I was pleased with the cream and gold packaging. Perhaps because wedding bells are in the near future, this packaging reminds me of traditional Indian bridal attire - cream, gold, and red. However, the more I observed the packaging, the less I liked it. It looks a bit antique. When I look at the pictures below, I get a very retro vibe. Don't you? 

Price
$12 

Color
This lipstick is richly (multiplied by infinity) pigmented. A true red for medium to deep skin-tones and a deeper red on women with light to medium skin-tones. I don't believe this is a yellow, orange, or blue-toned red. It is quite neutral. A pure red with a slight pink undertone. This does not look like a rich blood red on me as you can see in the picture below, but it might on a lighter skinned person. 

Formula / Application
Oxymoron, alert! Although a comfortable and emollient matte, this is a very messy shade. It gets everywhere - teeth, hands, clothes, its packaging, etc. It felt so smooth on my lips and appeared matte without absorbing the natural moisture on my lips. However, this lipstick is only meant for someone who wears lipstick regularly, lines their lips, touches up the application, and loves wearing red. 

I am loving the classy red lipstick that is trending right now and have collected quite a few red lip colors, but I believe my love is more fickle, momentary, infatuation than truly loyal affection for red lip colors. So, I would only recommend this lipstick to those loyal fans. For others, I would suggest Revlon's Colorburst Matte Lip Balm in Standout as an alternative for the upcoming Holiday festivities. 






Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @

Your friendly comments are much appreciated. 
Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. This lip colour suits you very well <3
    www.indianbeautyzone.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this shade on you! I am a new follower! :)

    www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, beautiful packaging. I love Target too! Even despite their debacle recently. I'm a little sad that this is messy, but hey, beauty is worth it!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!