Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DEAL ALERT: *New* Revlon ColorBurst Matte and Lacquer Balms (Whimsical, Coy, Shameless, Standout, Enticing...) on SALE!!!

Hey Y'all!!! 

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! HURRY SCURRY YOURSELF TO WALGREENS NOW! 

Why???

Did you like the new Revlon ColorBurst Balms? Did you love a particular color and want backups? Did you not buy any yet, waiting for a sale? Do you want to stock up on stocking stuffers for the makeup lovers in your life? Go to Walgreens while the sale and supplies last. 

All Revlon Cosmetics are 40% off at Walgreens right now. Walgreens also has coupon booklets by the entrance and these booklets contain "$2 off of Revlon ColorBurst Balms" coupons. If all this is not enough, the cashier in the beauty department found a stack of "$1 off any one Revlon item" coupons in her drawer and allowed me to use one. 

I spent about $16 (round figure / give or take a few cents) on five Revlon ColorBurst Balms. Typically, each Balm retails for $8.99 at Walgreens and $6.99 at Walmart, so this is quite a bargain.

Read my reviews on Revlon's ColorBurst Matte and Lacquer Balms here and Revlon Evening Opulence ColorBurst Gloss in Embellished here.

I would definitely recommend Revlon ColorBurst Gloss in Embellished,  Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout, and Revlon's ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Enticing, especially for the Fall and Winter, festive Holiday seasons.

Although I am not a fan of some of the shades in the ColorBurst Balm range on me, I really do like the formula, texture, application, and staying power of some of these shades. The fact that I picked up a few more shades to try out, like Whimsical, Coy, and Shameless, shows that this product is definitely worth trying if you find a shade that suits you. The colors are a little tricky because as per my experience they appear brighter than I anticipated on the lips.

I like Standout and Enticing so much that I bought extras. I hope that Revlon produces some more colors once this range of lip products becomes a permanently available collection in stores.


Enticing (lacquer), Whimsical (lacquer), Standout (matte), Coy (lacquer), and Shameless (matte)... 



The prominent shimmer of the lacquer balms, which is well captured in the pictures below did not show up on my lips. So, no need to fret, these lacquer balms are not frosty. 


Whimsical (3/5) requires a few swipes for the color to show up. I would describe Whimsical as a hot mid-tone pink with blue-purple undertones. I deducted points based on impressiveness / uniqueness of color and pigmentation. Coy (5/5) is a caramel coffee brown that shows up well in a single swipe. This is not a common shade. It looks unique, yet very wearable. 


Shameless (4/5) is a potent and bold purple shade with blue-red undertones; does not apply patchy and can be toned down, but it is still a bold and unusual lip color no matter how much you tone it down. I deducted points because for me, personally, wearing shameless makes me feel slightly shameful (i.e, embarrassing, shocking, scandalous). It is a such a bold color. I was hoping that this was a wearable blackberry or grape jam sort of purple, but it is not. Also, it gives off a weird cast on my face and teeth.  


Take a look at a more in-depth review and swatches of Standout, Enticing, and other shades here.

Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @

Your friendly comments are much appreciated. 
Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I just picked up enticing!! I loved it on you but it was just okay on me...still love the formula though! Thanks for this great deal!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!