Friday, November 1, 2013

Beauty / Makeup Haul: MAC, Urban Decay, CHANEL, Estee Lauder, LORAC, Bare Minerals, Giorgio Armani

Hey y'all. 

Here is a preview of the products that I have purchased over the last couple of months and will review for you all in the coming weeks. I plan on reviewing and swatching at least one product/brand per week in the coming weeks. Please be patient because the entire month of November and beginning of December will be very busy and hectic for me as the school semester is coming to an end. Also, my camera decided to take an "early retirement" and is no longer "working" for Strawberry Hearts Chocolate Darts. For now I have an "interim" camera, Sony DSLR, and I am not too happy with it. It definitely takes crisp pictures, however, it is not as user friendly, especially for taking vain selfies, as my Canon Powershot. I am hoping to find a replacement at the Black Friday conference. 

These products are in the high-end range. I decided to post drugstore products, such as the new lip products by Revlon and Maybelline, separately. Perhaps I will have a review and swatches of the new Revlon Color Burst Matte and Lacquer Balms up by this Sunday. 

Nordstroms: CHANEL featuring HOLIDAY 2013 Collection*, Giorgio Armani 
Giorgia Armani Rouge Ecstasy Plum # 602 "Mania"; $34 each
CHANEL Rouge Allure Velvet # 327 "La Desiree" (*New* / *Limited Edition) and #36 "La Caline" (Limited Quantity); $34 each 


Macy's: MAC featuring MAC Divine Night Holiday Collection* 
*New* MAC Pro Long Wear Paint Pot "Stormy Pink"; $20 
MAC Eyeshadow "Quarry"; $15
*New* MAC Lipstick "Private Party" (*Limited Edition); $16.50 
*New* MAC Mineralize Blush "Lavish Living" (*Limited Edition); $27.50 


ULTA & Urban Decay (online): Urban Decay 
 *New* Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks - Liar, Rush, Strip (UD online exclusive), Venom, and Shame; $22 each
I purchased some of these lipsticks during the UD F&F Sale (20% off) and received $5-10 off on some of the other shades at ULTA. Luckily, a new ULTA opened up near me and gave out $5, $10, and $100 certificates to the first 100 guests at the grand opening event.
Take a look at my review (and swatches) of this lipstick in the shade "Rapture" here. I am looking forward to sharing swatches of these other shades soon. 


Kohl's: LORAC
*New* LORAC Pro Power Cheek Stain "Rosy Glow"; $22 
As if my excitement about Kohl's carrying Essie since last year was not enough, now Kohl's is carrying  a wide range of some very popular makeup brands. Last weekend, I saw the new revamped cosmetic department at Kohl's. The brands I noticed were The Balm, Pur Minerals, Samantha Chapman, and LORAC. Unfortunately, these brands are excluded from the infamously tempting 15%, 20%, 30% coupon that Kohl's sends out every single week. I was really appreciative of the fact that Kohl's, unlike Belk, Macy's, or Dillard's did not have a catch-all list of "exclusions," but sadly now the coupons do not apply on select brands. I still managed to get this blush for free! Yes, FREE! How? Apparently, I was allowed to use my $20 Kohl's cash for this blush. 


ULTA: Bare Minerals 
 Bare Minerals Lash Domination 10-in-1 Mascara; $18 
I used my "non-exclusions/entire purchase" 20% off coupon, which ULTA sends out randomly once a year, on this item.
Take a look at my review of this mascara here.


Cosmetic Company Outlet: Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder Pure Color #11 Deep Lilac; $15 


Dillard's: Estee Lauder
 *New* Estee Lauder High Intensity Lip Lacquers #11 "Wet Plum" and #12 "Amber Glow"; $25 each
I used a 10% off coupon on these items. Dillard's sends out these coupons to Dillard's card holders. Sadly, the coupons are sent out once in a blue moon and 10% off seems so insignificant, especially because you only receive this coupon after spending a significant amount. 


I created a "Wish List" page, which lists the products that I would like to purchase and try out in the future. However, I am fully abstaining from purchasing any new products until the New Year. Well, fingers crossed that I stick to my words. 

Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @

Your friendly comments and feedback are much appreciated. 
Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Superb Haul Meesha
    www.indianbeautyzone.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING. I want to see swatches of everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely haul !! following your blog ,,, hopefully you do the same :)
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!