Thursday, September 19, 2013

*New* Bare Minerals Lash Domination 10-in-1 Volumizing Mascara

Prior to the launch of the Lash Domination mascara in Bare Minerals boutiques, Bare Minerals sent out an email coupon for a free mini (actually itsy-bitsy teeny-tiny teensy weensy) sample of this mascara. I was not very eager to try this mascara as I already have a staple mascara that I am very fond of, but what sort of beauty blogger would I be if I passed on a free product to review.


The first feature to marvel is the size and design of the brush - tiny bristles swirling around the base of the wand. I am not an engineer, so pardon my non-expert, modest opinion, but I think this swirl design helps with providing lift and curvature to the lashes. I like combing through my lashes with this more than a traditional bristles-straight-across design. I have big eyes, so I am comfortable with big brushes. However, for someone with smaller eyes, who finds bigger brushes difficult to maneuver, this brush might disappoint. I would still recommend giving it a design because of the function this design serves. 


Now, before I go further into the review and other features of this mascara, I would like to share a throw-back moment. Skip ahead if you don't like hearing (reading) those stories that begin as "back when I was 16, going on 17..." Trust me, it will connect to my review! 

I was in my senior year of high school when I first began experimenting with makeup. I was not too creative though in my experimentation - started out and still remain the Lipstick Queen. Perhaps because my mom wasn't really overly fond of makeup. My mom's tastes are very modest. She is one of those women who is so beautiful that makeup only takes away from her charm. She doesn't need the added accentuating that makeup offers. She owns a lipstick or two, which she wears on special occasions. Oh, I think I am missing my momma, could you tell? Her friends were the ones who influenced me. One of her friend's introduced me to nail polishes. Another friend showed me that I could have straight hair because of a miraculous invention called the Chi, while another friend gave me my first kajal eyeliner. One of her friends gave me an Estee Lauder mascara and blush she had received as a free gift with purchase. My staple mascara is this very same Estee Lauder mascara (Sumptuous Lash Volumizing formula). 

I have strayed from my staple mascara twice. Do you all remember the Bare Minerals Spider-Lash Volumizing mascara? I am not sure if I recall the name correctly. I tried to search for it on the Bare Minerals website, but it is no longer there. Perhaps they replaced it with Lash Domination? The Spider-Lash mascara was awful. Awful! It made my lashes look thin like the legs of a spider. Hmm! At least they named it correctly. It also made my lashes feel crunchy and brittle. I would experience lash fall out when I would remove the mascara. So, now you know why I was not too eager to try another mascara by this brand. Granted I only tried one of the two or three they have, but the one I tried was their most popular and well-rated one. 

I have never purchased, but I have tried out Benefits They're Real mascara and the Lancome Hypnose mascara and neither can come to par with my staple Estee Lauder Sumptuous Lash mascara. 

Duh! Dun! Dun! Drumroll please for the moment you all have been waiting for... Bare Minerals Lash Domination is in the lead, shoulder to shoulder with Estee Lauder Sumptuous Lash. I would definitely recommend giving this mascara a try. My friend who thought that Sumptuous Lash was not over the top volumizing, fell desperately in love for the Lash Domination. She said, "if this isn't lash domination, then I don't know what is!" 

What are the 10-in-1 claimed benefits of the mascara? Volumizes, lengthens, thickens, separates, lifts, all-day-wear, mineral fortified, resists clumps, fights flakes, and smudge resistant. Price? $18 

Does it live up to the claims? Yes, it volumizes, lengthens, thickens, separates, and lifts. It thickens subtly. Do not expect it to thicken your lashes to an unnatural extent. Honestly, it is difficult to get the fake eyelashes look or to thicken your lashes to resemble those few individuals who are blessed with naturally thick lashes. My lashes are long, but I don't think they are thick/dense. I am not a big fan of fake lashes and the performance of a nice volumizing mascara is good enough for me. 
Yes, this does not clump, flake, or smudge. This mascara is richly pigmented, yet I only need two Almay eye makeup remover pads to remove it from my lashes. Lash fall out is very minimal to null. Lastly, my lashes don't feel rough or brittle. Of course they don't feel as soft as naked lashes, but definitely creamy peanut butter rather than crunchy. Mm, mmm! I am thinking it is peanut butter jelly time. 

- Not Wearing Mascara - 

- Not Wearing Mascara - 

- Wearing Mascara - 

- Wearing Mascara - 

Va Va Voom! You can see it even from afar. 

Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @
TWITTER

Your friendly comments and feedback are much appreciated. 
Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I also tried a sample of this mascara! The brush is really interesting but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wand looks very unique! You look lovely in the last pic (:
    xx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!