Saturday, May 4, 2013

Essie Nail Polish in Russian Roulette

If you are curious as to what catastrophe has struck by blog, then please read the following. Otherwise, skip ahead to a review of Essie's Russian Roulette, which felt so appropriate for my mood right now. I agree with the saying that we learn from our mistakes. I continue to experiment with my blog in attempts to make it better for my dedicated readers and attracting newcomers. However, as I experiment, I make some mistakes. I have mentioned before that I like to clean when I am stressed out. It helps me relax and think out matters carefully. So, last night I was not feeling very well, but I was still attempting to study for my Constitutional law final exam. A failed attempt indeed! I decided to take a break. My break time sometimes involves "blogging." First, I took a look at my google profile and realized that I have a Picasa web album that is public. I did not want a public album on the web with pictures of nail polishes and lipsticks' swatches. It is alright if it is through my "beauty" blog, but it felt weird having these albums. What did I do then, you ask? I deleted them all. Next, I headed to the kitchen and made some chocolate covered strawberries. I wanted to make an early "mother's day" surprise for my mom. My parents are visiting me at school this weekend. As I was making the chocolate covered strawberries, I began to take pictures. I thought I could post the pictures on my blog. After I uploaded the pictures to my laptop and as I was ready to post them, I realized that my blog looked strange. All, if not most, of my images from my posts had been replaced by a "minus sign within an oval" symbol. I don't know why this happened. I am baffled if it is related to my deletion of the albums because I have done this once before and it had no effect on my blog images. I was and still am very upset. I think I will have to re-upload the images. I think I may have most of them saved in my i-photo album called "Blog."It just feels like an awful task because I have written about 215 posts thus far. I will be fixing this problem after I am finished with exams. Until then I hope you all will not give up on my blog and keep your fingers crossed! Thank you for reading and supporting my blog. It means a lot to me! 

Now, for the review of Essie's Russian Roulette. On a lighter and brighter note, purchasing this polish was not a mistake. Russian Roulette is an absolutely gorgeous and hot shade, isn't it? I would describe this color as a very bright red; lighter and brighter than fire-engine red. It reminds me of red coral gemstones. The formula of this polish is an opaque gel-creme. The application was so easy. I applied this polish in a running car. In the picture below, I am wearing two coats with Essie's Good to Go top coat. I wore this polish for a week, which is longer than my four day routine. I did not observe any chipping. In fact, I took this picture right before removing the polish. I think this is the ideal pure red to wear in the Summer. It looks hot as in spicy, like fresh red chili peppers. Well, at least it is reflective of my "fire-ball" temperament at the moment. Lastly, I think the name of this polish is very appropriate. Law school exams are a bit like playing a game. Russian Roulette? Knowing the material is not enough, you have to really grasp it such that you can twist or analyze it in so many different ways or arguments. Mastering the correct way to completing the exam is an art in and of itself. It is something we don't get taught. We as students have to conquer it on our own, which is quite challenging, especially when you know the subject matter, but it is not enough! 


Thank you for reading! If you like this post, take a look at the rest of my blog. Show your support and follow me here through Google Friends ConnectBlog Lovin'Twitter, and She Said Beauty. Please leave your comments for feedback and suggestions. I would be so delighted!

2 comments:

  1. Ooops I thought you meant images of people! This is awful, you've lost the original path as entered in the blog, when you deleted the picture album :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! :( I hope the images come back, I would be totally bummed out about it too. Hopefully there is an easier way for you to get them bak than uploading them all again. I love the nail varnish though :) beautiful colour x x x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!