Thursday, May 2, 2013

L'Oreal Nail Color in Royally Yours (Versailles Romance Pastels Spring 2013 Limited Edition Collection)

Hello! My lovely readers... Today I am pleased to introduce to you all L'Oreal Royally Yours. I would like us all to take a moment in silence and impress the beauty of this milky baby blue shade upon our minds. Okay perhaps my introduction is a bit dramatic, but those of you who love nail polishes as much as I do understand my sentiments. You're casually strolling through the cosmetic section of a store and you spot this amazing color. It is amazing because you have been waiting for a company to release such a color. The color you already invented in your thoughts! You pick it up and examine it. You either gasp or squeak a little with joy. You feel a little pinching in your chest from the excitement. You cannot wait to go home and paint your nails. Well, that is exactly what happened to me when I found this milky pastel baby blue shade. It is unique from other pastel baby blues that I have seen in the market because it doesn't have a minty or toothpaste blue undertone, like Sally Hansen's Barracuda does. I think that is one of the reasons I love this shade so much. It is truly the soft blue that makes you think of newborns, cotton candy, and fluffy clouds. Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure Barracuda shade is not soft, milky, and dusty like L'Oreal Royally Yours. This is a great blue shade for Summer. It would definitely pop on tanned skin tones, but seems suitable for any skin tone. The formula is creamy and thick, but not gooey or runny. The application process does take patience. I noted that the newer limited edition releases of L'Oreal Colour Riche polishes have a pro "U" shaped brush. As long as you apply with a steady and light hand, you will achieve a flawless non-streaky, non-patchy manicure. I have used about two coats in the pictures below. I applied a Revlon base coat and Essie's Good to Go top coat as well. I wore this polish for almost four days. The polish chipped off on my index fingernail, but it was only because I was rough handling my books at school. Otherwise, the polish remained intact while washing dishes, bathing, etc.  I purchased mine on sale for about $3 or 4. Depending on the store, the price range for this polish is between $4.99 - $5.99. Overall, I am truly impressed and contented with this shade. Judging from the numerous pictures I have posted here, I would definitely recommend this polish.









Thank you for reading! If you like this post, take a look at the rest of my blog. Show your support and follow me here through Google Friends ConnectBlog Lovin'Twitter, and She Said Beauty. Please leave your comments for feedback and suggestions. I would be so delighted!

4 comments:

  1. Looks opaque and gorgeous! Reminds me of Essie's spring collection(:
    xx
    titiyangzom.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very "Spring" colour... I keep promising myself I'll buy pastels each spring and end up with more taupe-y, vampy fall colours.
    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you weren't being dramatic at your intro, or maybe I'm as dramatic as you are. It's SUCH a beautiful color! I have been thinking on what color to use for my upcoming vacations and this will definitely be it! Thanks!

    Gina
    wonderandshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!