Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oxblood Nail Trend: CoverGirl Outlast Nail Polish "Wine to Five"

Today I would like to share another nail color "love." Of course posting an oxblood manicure may not be appropriate right now as we transition from Spring into Summer. 

I was searching for an oxblood nail color all throughout this past autumn and winter seasons. Although a lot of "oxblood" nail polishes caught my eye, nothing really fascinated me. I was especially disappointed with the formula of the oxblood polishes I found. Every polish I tried was thin and runny, so they applied messy and patchy.  


CoverGirls "Wine to Five" is the first oxblood shade that has impressed me. Initially, I thought that "Wine to Five" was a tad boring and more of a "mature" shade.  I suppose I did not like it at first because it reminded me of the autumn and winter seasons - the snow that makes me feel claustrophobic, bulky layered clothing, lifeless trees, and puffy gray clouds. Yuck!!! I began to like it more after wearing it for a little while. In particular I liked that this shade was not too maroon or brown or black. I would describe "Wine to Five" as a blackened raspberry or a red grape shade. 


The formula of this polish is an opaque creme, not thin and runny or thick and gooey. The application was effortless. I applied two coats and added Essie's Good to Go top coat. The marketing feature of these Outlast polishes is that the polish is a three-in-one product - base coat, color, and top coat. I still felt the need to add my own top coat to speed up the drying process and add a glossy effect. 


Lastly, I really like the packaging of the CoverGirl Outlast polishes because it reminds me of high-end nail polish bottles. I have noticed that most high end polishes - NARS, YSL, LANCOME, MAC, ESTEE LAUDER, CLINIQUE, CHANEL, BUTTER LONDEN, ILLAMASQUA, GIVENCHY - have a cubic shape, where the bottom and top are the same size. Am I making sense? I find that most inexpensive polishes have a wide bottom and a narrow long top. I feel like the cube or rounded sort of packing looks more compact and classy than the vase triangular shape. Well, I hope that made sense! 

Check out this post - CoverGirl "Ever Bloom" Outlast Nail Polish - for a more seasonally appropriate color from the CoverGirl Outlast nail polish collection. 

Thank you for reading! If you like this post, take a look at the rest of my blog. Show your support and follow me here through Google Friends ConnectBlog Lovin'Twitter, and She Said Beauty. Please leave your comments for feedback and suggestions. I would be so delighted!